Monday 23 April 2012

Anatomy Sketchbook 001. In the beginning.




Since anatomy studies was one of the main reasons I started this blog, it might be a good idea to mention it.

Not sure when exactly I realized that I dig human anatomy, but pretty sure guys like Boris Vallejo and Frazetta pushed me towards that discovery.

Artistic anatomy is something you do not learn in a month or a year. Evolution was refining the design of a body for thousands (if not millions) of years. It takes quite a bit for us, humans, to get how it works.

I started my journey almost three years ago. Here is a chunk from my first sketchbook. This is where it starts.



P.S. Scanning all this stuff would take forever, so I just took pictures.































































No comments:

Post a Comment